設計從減築概念─「建構建築物時減少佔地面積，聚集生活機能」，回歸於虛靜底蘊，圭侯設計 洪文諒 設計總監 以虛勝實，以靜致動，達成無不為的生活目的，成就靜觀身心的智慧。
Our design is founded on the idea of minimizing—the less the area of the architecture, the more concentrated the living function—and the maxims of winning by losing using calmness to conquer hastiness. GH DESIGN design director Hung Wen-Liang believes that doing nothing achieves everything and that ultimate wisdom can be developed through the inner reflection of the mind and body.
This geometric shaped architecture consisted of an exposed concrete exterior in a lush of greens. By showing construction material as it is helps put the focus on the interaction between space and light as well as user experience. On the other hand, the interior, a monochromatic decor with modern furniture, explores the connection of space, living function and contour. The residents living in this space can feel the spaciousness of the architecture, which takes in sufficient daylight and encourages the dialogue between the environment and the architecture.
Home is a place where people do not need to pretend. With this in mind, besides minimizing the architecture, unnecessary structure is reduced so that the residents can communicate with the furniture, space, seasons and nature, immersing in the vitality of the wind, rain, light and greens. In essence, this architecture weaves in the beauty of nature and life.
• Nothing surrounds the foundation so that natural light is directed into the faces of the building, the landscape and the indoor space. Shadows of green plants and water surrounding the building are brought indoors as light shifts; at the meantime, they serve the purpose of adjusting the microclimate in small areas so that the living environment is close to the natural environment.
• From inside to outside, the continuality of the materials used and the space is the top priority. Materials suitable for indoors and outdoors are used. Extravagance is abandoned in order to create integrated space.
• Kikusui Silicone Finish Fair-faced Concrete Formwork: Originally it was the exterior finish of exposed concrete that repairs the defects of fair-faced concrete. It is now used as interior and exterior wall finish. When the silicone base is applied, several layers of polishing and coloring of different shades is required before the impression of lozenge-shaped sealing joints.
• Faces of both interior / exterior walls are of mellow gray. Textures and colors on the walls display different layers of light and shadow as light hits on the wall shifts.
• The locations where windows are installed as well as the indoor layout are the perfect combination of feng shui and functions, creating a smooth traffic flow with appropriate light and darkness.
• The space is created with no decorations at all. When furniture and decorations are put up, they embrace and complete each other harmonically.
• The large gray wall defines the indoor layout. Interior design tricks such as openness, closeness, slop, and divisions are used according to the dimension of light, the flowing of wind and the habits of the inhabitants in order to create appropriate ratio for individual space. Furthermore, aesthetics of the space is being horned here.
• The ideal design for the inhabitants is a home without visitors. For this reason, the core of the design is about simplicity and to perfectly combine its functions with comfort. The living room is on the first floor; master bedroom and study are on the second floor; children’s rooms are located on the third floor and a Buddhist chapel is on the fourth floor. The basement is the recreation room with minimum decoration to leave as much space there as possible.