1. history [ˋhɪstərɪ ] n. 歷史（國中基本1200字）
2. discuss [ dɪˋskʌs ] v. 討論、商議（國中挑戰800字）
1. lost to. . . 因某事而喪失
2. burn down 焚燒、燒掉、燒毀
The district office is going to hold a special meeting to discuss something.
Many of／our historic buildings／on the Street／were burned down.
Let’s meet at the district office to discuss what we can do next.
1. What’s the purpose of this announcement?
(A) Finding out why the old street was on fire.
(B) Getting people to find ways to save the street.
(C) Asking people to do business there.
2. What happened to the historic buildings on ABC Street?
(A) Many of them were burned down
(B) All of them were burned down
(C) None of them were burned down
3. What is the neighborhood probably like?
(A) A school district
(B) A modern district
(C) A historic district
Let’s meet／at the district office／to discuss／what we can do next.
1. (B) 2. (A) 3. (C)